The pandemic has changed the lives of people. It is ‘work from home’, ‘study from home’ and ‘shopping from home’. A sedentary life without stepping out of your home can affect your health. You should keep yourselves physically active to make sure you reduce the risks of diabetes and hypertension etc. And to build muscle mass and get rid of unwanted fat. There is a wide array of options to keep fit at home without going to a gym.
If you have space and the money you can buy home exercise equipment online. There is a wide range of fitness accessories available to fit in your space and budget. You can also do other activities to keep fit. You should follow a strict schedule and make sure you include all the elements of a good fitness program. Are you interested in knowing more? Go ahead.
- You should first start your fitness program with a warm-up. This is very important as it reduces the risks of injuries. You can use your fitness accessories like an upright stationary bike or treadmill for your warm-up session. Walk slowly or pedal slowly on the stationary bike or treadmill. This flexes your muscles and makes your body ready for exercise. You can use other accessories like jump rope or bands to warm up your body but the warm-up exercises should be slow and not over-straining. You can get all types of home exercise equipment online. Another option to get rid of the tightness of your body is to do a sun-salutation cycle.
- Once your muscles are flexed you can proceed to do something that will increase your heart rate. The best exercise to increase your heart rate is the aerobic workout. You can use the same treadmill or upright stationary bike or jump rope or other fitness accessories but there is a difference between the first step and the next one. You have to do everything faster and intensively in this step. You can monitor your heart rate and increase the number or speed of your workouts.
- The next step is to build strength with resistance exercises. Resistance or strength-building exercises include pushups, crunches, abdominal kicks, bench press, weight lifts, lunges and pull down etc. These exercises help in improving muscle tone, muscle strength and balance. They enhance your bone strength and build muscle mass. They decrease glucose levels and burn body fat.
- Increasing body flexibility and balance is the next step. This is important to decrease the risk of falls and injuries. Yoga or Pilates is the right option to increase your flexibility and balance. Yoga stretches and twists all the parts of your body and makes them flexible.
- The last element is cooling down. It relaxes your body and mind and helps to bring back your heartbeat and blood pressure to normal. It regulates blood flow and prevents muscle tears and strains that occur after exercising.
Tips to keep fit at home
- If you are busy it is impossible to allot time to do all the elements of the fitness program. You can choose between strength training, cardiovascular training and flexibility exercises. You can do one or two of them depending upon the availability of time. However, you should not leave warm-up and cool down. They should be done daily.
- You can make adjustments on busy days. You can do an intensive workout for just 10 minutes instead of cycling on a stationary bike and running on a treadmill for 20 minutes.
- If you want to build a home gym you can buy fitness accessories and home exercise equipment online. Make sure you buy the best from a trustworthy website.
- Daily physical activity should be something you love to do. It can be dancing or jogging or walking or running. If you do something you hate you will not have the motivation to continue.
- Eat healthily. Say no to junk food. Include a lot of vegetables and fruits. Drink plenty of water to keep your body hydrated.
- Never overstrain. Start slowly and increase gradually to avoid the risk of injuries.
Keeping fit at home can be fun and challenging if you set the right targets and make the right plans. Don’t postpone. Start exercising today.